1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's a good winrate on Prima?

Discussion in 'Main Poker Forum' started by Dexter08, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Dexter08

Dexter08
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Did a search in my database today for Prima players who have played over 20k hands 50c/$1-$5/$10 with a VPIP of 17-23 and found that their average winrate was 0.15PTBB/100. This seems crazy to me as there are far more fishies on Prima than say Stars but on Stars even the worst regs have higher winrates.

So yeah I guess my questions are - is this a fair refelection of an average TAG's winrate on Prima? And if so, why on earth would this be the case?

2. ThuNDeR

ThuNDeR
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +67 / 5 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I played in 888 for the last couple of months and as I did a lot of datamining I found that most regulars are close to breakeven there as well.There are only a few tags that manage to win for higher winrate and I guess they hit the good part of the variance more or less.

3. Zografa

Zografa
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 10 / -17
    Poker Hands:
    Dexter - where do you have information about the regs on PS? There are couple of factors involved btw.
    Rake is one of them - the rake on prima is higher than the rake on stars and this is resulting the winrates.
    For ex on 200nl u pay to play $10.02 per 100 hands on pokerstars(data from ptr) And i personally pay 12.4 EUR on prima(6max tables). So basically if we ignore the currency differencies u pay roughly 1 big blind more rake per 100 hands on prima. Only this is resulting 0.5 PTBB difference. So basically break evenish player on prima would be 0.5ptBB winner on stars just because of the rake.

Other factor - currently there are 80 players playing 1/2 on micro and 520 playing 1/2 on stars which means that if you have 10 consistent tag regs who are winners on prima ull have at least 6 times more on stars.

Fishes and maniacs on tables in prima are cool but how many of the 18/15 players can handle it when a maniac goes mambo jambo preflop with 96o and cracks their KK? Im sure like 70% of the nits are on insta tilt mode after that and actually start to spew more than the fish do.

P.s And i dont want to mention that if u play 200nl FR on stars ull pay just $7.31 per 100 hands to play where on prima ull pay the same rake as if you play 6max...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  4. Dexter08

Dexter08
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Those are some excellent points - they make me feel way better about my long term winrate of 1.3PTBB/100 which I thought was dreadful considering I table select really well. Got info on PS regs just from scouring PTR really. Wow, thats crazy about the full ring rake - Im never playing full ring on prima ever again :p

All of this does make me wonder whether playing on Prima is really such a goldmine compared to say Stars cos maybe the benefits of being able to 24 table outweigh the great games on prima.

5. Dexter08

Dexter08
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    By the way Zog, do you coach at all? And if so, how much dya charge?

6. Zografa

Zografa
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 10 / -17
    Poker Hands:
    yeah i do, its different - now im reconsidering my rates but i think something standard is 1/2 to 3/4 the buy in of the level you will coach with discounts if the guys books more lessons upfront

obv u can coach with profit sharing deals but u have to know/trust the guy