1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The biggest online winner for 2010

Discussion in 'Other Poker Rooms' started by Pro2type, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Pro2type

Pro2type
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +206 / 3 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    [​IMG]
    So another year will end soon and naturally I asked myself “Who is the biggest winner for 2010?” so I opened high Stakes Database. After 10-15 minutes it was clear to me - Daniel “jungleman12” Cates, with more than $4.9M in total winnings.

Looking at his graph, we can see most of the year he went without any downswings at all. The only brief moment of losing was in the middle of January when he was down close to $20K. From that moment on his winnings went in one direction only … up in the air, until he peaked at $5,3M on December 8th … it seems that there was plenty of drunken students playing from Bansko ( couldn’t help myself :D ) .

Other big winners in 2010 have been Andreas “skjervoy” Torbersen with winnings at around $3.7M, Tom “durrrr” Dwan with $3.6M and of course Phil Ivey with $3.0M.

As you can see from the graph of skjervoy he had a bit of a strange year, winning big time from the end of September till the beginning of October when he won $2.2M.
    For Tom Dwan this was a year with big swings as you can see, I guess this is something standard for his style of play. He made over $7.0M till April 22nd, but in next two months he lost about $4.3M.
    For Phill Ivey the only games that he suffered a small loss were Fixed Limit Games, but he was a winner at all others. He raked his peak by the middle of December (wasted students again imo ) reaching $3.9M.

Well I guess the only thing I can say at the end is I wish you all at least half of those men's winnings for 2011.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brobebrato

Brobebrato
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +68 / 4 / -6
    Poker Hands:
    Where is Galfond this year ?

3. ThuNDeR

ThuNDeR
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +67 / 5 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    IHateJuice should be noted as well,the biggest winner on fixed limit hold'em ...like ever

4. Pro2type

Pro2type
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +206 / 3 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    As you can see, I`ve pointed top 4 online winners at all games for 2010, apparently IHateJuice is not among them…don`t see why should be noted ?

5. ThuNDeR

ThuNDeR
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +67 / 5 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I'm just sayin.. he's not among the top winners overall, but still won a huge amount of moneyz playing a relatively unpopular type of game.This is noteworthy itself imo : )

6. gavrosh

gavrosh
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    :D