1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strategy for total donks?

Discussion in 'Main Poker Forum' started by john111x, Jul 1, 2011.

1. john111x

john111x
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone could give a strategy or link to a strategy explaining how to play against completely awful players in a live tournament? I play a home game regularly with a low buy-in and against players who are simply terrible by regular poker standards.

For example they have no knowledge of how position works at all, they bet according to hand strength and OOP with mediocre hands. Because almost every hand goes to showdown, there are very very very few hands played per hour which makes tight play very frustrating; this leads me to often only have played 2 hands in an entire match if I am blinded out. They can also bluff randomly with no thought and so aren't particularly passive.

Has anyone got a good strategy against this type of match or offer good advice? At the moment I am the biggest winner but not by much and I feel like I should be crushing it even more.

Cheers

2. Pro2type

Pro2type
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +206 / 3 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    Well as you said the best play vs. those types of players is to be tight as hell, but then the blinds suck your blood, so what I do is to start limping in late positions with suited connectors, suited one and two gapers and stuff like that. Most of the times the players you have described are pretty passive pre and post flop so you can get to a cheap river and when you hit something and start to bet they just don’t fold so … I guess it`s a worthy trying.
    Of course you are still raising your top range hands (ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo+, 77+) and if they don’t fold to cbets … then don’t do them so often.

3. EasyGame

EasyGame
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member Resource Gardener

Ratings:
    +219 / 6 / -22
    Poker Hands:
    vbet and fold if get raised