1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

River spot

Discussion in 'Omaha Hand Discussion' started by Glista, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Glista

Glista
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hand History for Game 3362591962 (Prima)
    $4.00 USD PL Omaha - Friday , June 04 , 10:51:44 ET 2010
    Table Hermans Hermits (Real Money)
    Seat 1 is the button
    Seat 1: Eskopoika ( $2.99 USD )
    Seat 2: amehton ( $4.10 USD )
    Seat 3: Mr_Christer ( $5.99 USD )
    Seat 4: Ymer ( $4.28 USD )
    Seat 5: Hero ( $4.00 USD )
    Seat 6: DOUDOUABDEL ( $7.47 USD )
    amehton posts small blind $0.02 .
    Mr_Christer posts big blind $0.04 .

Dealt to Hero: :6d: :Td: :7h: :8c:
    Ymer folds
    Hero raises $0.14
    DOUDOUABDEL calls $0.14
    Eskopoika folds
    amehton calls $0.12
    Mr_Christer calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.56)
    :7d: :2c: :Tc:
    amehton bets $0.12
    Mr_Christer calls $0.12
    Hero calls $0.12
    DOUDOUABDEL calls $0.12

TURN ($1.04)
    :5s:
    amehton checks
    Mr_Christer checks
    Hero bets $0.75
    DOUDOUABDEL calls $0.75
    amehton folds
    Mr_Christer calls $0.75

RIVER ($3.29)
    :Qs:
    Mr_Christer checks
    Hero checks
    DOUDOUABDEL bets $3.29
    Mr_Christer folds
    Hero calls $2.99
    DOUDOUABDEL shows :6h: :As: :2s: :3c:
    Hero shows :6d: :Td: :7h: :8c:
    Hero wins $9.17 USD from main pot
    DOUDOUABDEL wins $0.30 USD from main pot

I peeled the flop because i didnt want to raise that drawy board 4way. My two pairs are easily dominated and i wanted if i put some action to be on the turn where villains equity decreases.
    On the turn with 2 checks i felt i had the best hand and decided to bet to extract some value with the intention of folding to a shove.
    On the river when all draws missed i decided i have sd value and there is no need to turn my hand to bluff and thats why i checked. Then when villain potted i started to think taht if he had a set he would have raised turn at that drawy board. The way he played the hand he looked on some kind of a draw. That queen might have helped him but i didnt see what kind of hand could he be vbetting. The other thing i got in mind was his sizing, if he bet like 70% of the pot it would be more probable to fold, but his pot bet looked kinda suspicious and i decided to call.
    Do u like my play on all streets? what do u think of the river?

2. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    You played the hand almost perfectly. The only place I would probably play differently is the flop. Not raising is OK with your reasoning, but it is not the BEST line to take for sure. The guy that leads only bets like 1/5 of the pot, and he never does this with a strong hand, the guy behind who only calls has a draw 99% of the time so when you call you allow both of them to draw cheaply with their pair+FD hand or anything like that, plus you give great odds to guys behind you to call with almost any piece of the flop. I would raise to like 0.50 on the flop, and go from there just to charge draws, and to also hopefully fold out some people, because our top2 is very vulnerable 4way on this flop. The rest of the hand you played great with good reasoning behind. GJ!

If you raise flop to 0.50 and then someone rerasies over the top, it is ok to fold, if you feel like they would only do this with sets and big wrap+FD, because you are crushed by such a range.

3. Glista

Glista
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    If i played this hand well, its because of your articles and vids which helped me tremendously.
    I hope there will be many hands where u will like my line :)
    I didnt raise his lead cause with such stations and OOP i think of my hand as drawing too (at least on the flop) and with my raise i dont think i'll fold any draws behind me and put myself in tough position and with larger pot on the turn.
    Thanks again for the comment and all your work :)