1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overpair IP

Discussion in 'Texas Holdem Hand Discussion' started by Pro2type, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Pro2type

Pro2type
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +206 / 3 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    http://www.holdemmanager.net
    NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer Game#37448238514

Harryhkl ($84.40)
    FrateLncastr ($98.97)
    mbombaloff ($86.38)
    ELIING ($77.25)
    Hero ($113)
    hoptrop ($102)

Harryhkl posts (SB) $0.50
    FrateLncastr posts (BB) $1

Dealt to Hero: :As: :Ad:
    fold ,
    ELIING raises to $3
    Hero calls $3
    fold , fold ,
    FrateLncastr calls $2

FLOP
    ($9.50) :Jh: :6d: :4c:
    FrateLncastr bets $6
    ELIING calls $6

Hi guys, in this hand I`ve decided to flat considering two things:
    First the original raiser fold to 3Bet 100% for 4 hands, and second they are two squeeze happy fellows behind me.

The guy that donks on the flop is one of them – 32/27/5,5, for about 150 hands, so far his 3Bet overall is 10%, just from the blinds – 50%, his calling range is 14%.
    Till now he never donked (for 5 times) I guess that call from the PFR means marginal or monster hand(considering that the board is so dry).
    What you prefer in this spot: raise(what amount) or just flat and go to the turn? If you raise and someone of them came over the top what we going to do ?

The original raiser is a 23/18/1,4 guy for 160 hands, so far he has no statistics how he reacts vs. donk bets.

2. craiggerz

craiggerz
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I just flat and see the turn action.

Best case scenario (for us) is that BB has something like AJ and UTG+1 has KJ/AJ/QQ/KK, if we raise we are repping a very strong range and unlikely to get a ton of value from these hands... which makes this a pretty good spot to bluff but not raise for value since most of our value will come from under repping.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
  3. getbigboy

getbigboy
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    First of, the question is not what equity you have vs their calling range when you raise here and they call, but what equity you have vs their 3bet/shoving range, and we are crushed most of time vs that range. So your question "If you raise and someone of them came over the top what we going to do ?" is the answer :) Second, on that flop, in that situation you should never have a value raising range (you never raise sets and AJ), so we should never have a bluff raising range too, we should flat 100% of our range if we decided to continue in the hand. we want to be balanced right ? :).

note: This is optimal play vs optimal opponents, if vilians has leaks etc, we can use exploitable strategy and exploit them, like raising only for bluff here and not for value etc. but vs good players we should be always unexploitable and play optimal poker

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  4. Pro2type

Pro2type
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +206 / 3 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    10x a lot

5. TheLeakyFaucet

TheLeakyFaucet
    Expand Collapse