1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over pair on flop ch/r in 3bet pot

Discussion in 'Texas Holdem Hand Discussion' started by Pro2type, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Pro2type

Pro2type
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +206 / 3 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    http://www.holdemmanager.net
    NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer Game#3511607278

Jauss ($98.85)
    -HotBunnY- ($108)
    lenah126 ($116)
    Hero ($115)
    sirtoni_bg ($105)

Jauss posts (SB) $0.50
    -HotBunnY- posts (BB) $1

Dealt to Hero: :Qh: :Qc:
    lenah126 raises to $3
    Hero raises to $11
    fold , fold , fold ,
    lenah126 calls $8

FLOP
    ($23.50) :Tc: :9c: :5s:
    lenah126 checks
    Hero bets $16
    lenah126 raises to $35

My opponent is 32/12/1,8 for over 1,5k hands but today he is playng much looser than usual. So far I 3bet him 3-4 times and he fold just one other 2 he fold to CB on the flop and one time he call flop with 89 on TT7 and we ch/ch turn and river.
    One time he chexk/raise me as pre caller and I folded and one time he ch/called 3 streets with top two as pre raiser, thats what hapend so far. So is it easy stack-off for 115bb ???

2. Make2Plays

Make2Plays
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    SPR is 5... recommend if you are willing to get it in with an overpair that you raise pre to something like $15. The pot would then be around $30 and you could get it in with an SPR of 4 without too much concern about having the worst of it most of the time.

As it stands he could be doing this with almsot his entire range trying to take you off of AK/AQ and even a hand like JJ or QQ. I think he has JJ/AK here enough that you can stack off, but like I said, I'd prefer to get in more pre so the decisoins are easier postflop.

3. TheLeakyFaucet

TheLeakyFaucet
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    PF is perfectly fine there is no need whatsoever to make it bigger especially in position.

What did you showdown when you chkd down and he showed 89 on T77? What is his image of you? How likely do you think he thinks you have air in your PF range here vs his UTG open?

After you answer all those you can start to get an idea of what his range will be, plug that into pokerstove and you gotta pretty good idea of whether or not you should be stacking off here or not.

4. gavrosh

gavrosh
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    You need mere 36% equity here for the shove to be ok. You have it even in the most horrific scenario: {KK+, TT-99, QJs, T9s, 87s, QJo} - with fancy played AA, KK
    But he's probably just {TT-99, QJs, T9s, 87s, QJo} or weaker - including some AcXc, JJ or AK
    The stack-off seems perfectly fine to me, unless you can really throw away the connectors from his range.