1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Number of online poker players growing each year?

Discussion in 'Main Poker Forum' started by threebanger879, May 26, 2011.

1. threebanger879

threebanger879
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Does anyone have any stats or something on the number of online poker players for sites like poker stars or full tilt? I talked to a guy who said poker is dying and it's not going to be profitable to play it in 5+ years from now. Is there any truth to this statement?

i'm a bit of a late bloomer and i'm personally finding the game exhilerating and i'm having a lot of fun learning about strategy/hand theory/etc. but it's kind of disheartening to hear from someone who plays a lot of poker to say that it's dying.

Also sorry for two threads in one day, just had to get this one off my chest :p

2. kaweeo

kaweeo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hello, you can check that one --> http://www.pokerscout.com/ I think poker is growing, you can see it clearly ! More TV shows, more live events with bigger amount of money to win, more commercials of poker and etc.
    PS i think your friend is in a downswing :)
    PS2 5+ years pretty much depends on laws that will come up and how the politics and the big guys will limit that poker growing so they will be able to get some money from it .. imo

3. threebanger879

threebanger879
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:

gaming-club-review