1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Poker Hands' started by Ass2Mouth, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Ass2Mouth

Ass2Mouth
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    GAME #2384811423: Omaha PL $0.10/$0.20 2010/08/09 16:43:15
    Table Alessandra
    Seat 1: Mahler1860 ($19.70 in chips) DEALER
    Seat 3: yakyku1 ($21.13 in chips)
    Seat 5: koyzis ($26.73 in chips)
    Seat 6: Hero ($31.26 in chips)
    Seat 8: Icelandurrrr ($24.96 in chips)
    yakyku1: Post SB $0.10
    koyzis: Post BB $0.20

Dealt to Hero: :Kd: :Ad: :Tc: :Qh:
    Hero: Call $0.20
    Icelandurrrr: Fold
    Mahler1860: Raise (NF) $0.80
    yakyku1: Call $0.70
    koyzis: Fold
    Hero: Raise (NF) $2.70
    Mahler1860: Call $1.90
    yakyku1: Fold

FLOP
    :8c: :8d: :5s:
    Hero: Bet $3.70
    Mahler1860: Call $3.70

TURN
    :8s:
    Hero: Bet $13.80
    Mahler1860: Allin $13.30

RIVER
    :9s:
    SUMMARY
    Total pot $38.88 Rake $2.02
    Mahler1860: Shows :8h: :6h: :Th: :Qc:
    Hero: Shows :Kd: :Ad: :Tc: :Qh:
    Mahler1860: wins $38.38
    Hero: wins $0.50

2. Ass2Mouth

Ass2Mouth
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    The villain is 19/13 with fold to 3bet 55 % and 3bet 7 %
    In this hand I tried to represent AAxx OOP and with his call preflop I put him on high pair or 4 rundown cards. The board was OK to me for continuation bet which he paid maybe with kings and 3rd 8 covered my intention to represent aces. What do you think the hand should be played correctly?

3. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I personally never limp/raise and do not like it,even though in this hand you do it with a hand different than AAxx, and it actually looks like AAxx, which is good for deception. However, since your hand looks like AAxx and he is still calling your flop bet, he either has an 8xxx hand with one of those rundowns that you put him on, or has KKxx or QQxx, which I do not see how he can fold ones he calls the flop. So, the turn push is not bad by any means because your hand does look like AAxx preflop and postflop, so your line is consistent. But, sometimes it is important to not be stubborn with our line if we see that villian has no intention to fold.

Like you said in your comments his range is KKxx or medium rundowns, which include an 8 very often. Yes, the fact that that last 8 fell on turn makes it very unlikely that he has it, but hey its PLO :) and also that 3rd 8 makes it unlikely he folds KKxx, so for those two reasons you may want to consider giving up. I would probably also bluff this turn though some % of the time, but only against players who are capable of folding KKxx in this spot, which on those low stakes is not a lot of players.

I recommend to jsut raise strong hands UTG and never to limp/raise. Limp/ raising accomplishes nothing, you build the pot out of position, you give away your hand when ou have AAxx, and you let opponents to call in position correctly and play correctly, narrowing your range heavily towards AAxx or AJQKsuited type of hands. You can never limp/raise big enough to commit enough of your stack preflop, so you are only setting yourself up for unprofitable situations postflop by building the pot OOP and defining your range.

Also, try to bluff less on these low limits and get value from strong hands more. No one folds at these limits, so you are burning a lot of money with elaborate plays like this. It's good to keep them in your arsenal and to keep thinking about spots where they could work, but do not try them too often and wait till you reach 50 or at least 100PLO, where people start to fold more.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010