1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Poker Hands' started by Glista, May 23, 2010.

1. Glista

Glista
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hand History for Game 3341222505 (Prima)
    $4.00 USD PL Omaha - Sunday , May 23 , 11:16:09 ET 2010
    Table Noreia (Real Money)
    Seat 4 is the button
    Seat 1: TheSalm0n ( $4.00 USD )
    Seat 2: MIffow ( $1.64 USD )
    Seat 3: rebus74 ( $3.88 USD )
    Seat 4: Hero ( $4.00 USD )
    Seat 5: elisroger ( $4.67 USD )
    Seat 6: mihkel88 ( $6.00 USD )
    elisroger posts small blind $0.02 .
    mihkel88 posts big blind $0.04 .

Dealt to Hero: :Kc: :8h: :7h: :5h:
    TheSalm0n raises $0.14
    MIffow calls $0.14
    rebus74 folds
    Hero calls $0.14
    elisroger folds
    mihkel88 calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.58)
    :6h: :9d: :Jh:
    mihkel88 checks
    TheSalm0n bets $0.50
    MIffow raises $1.50
    Hero calls $1.50
    mihkel88 folds
    TheSalm0n raises $3.36
    Hero calls $2.36

TURN ($9.80)
    :9h:

RIVER ($9.80)
    :2s:
    TheSalm0n shows :Ah: :Ad: :8d: :Qh:
    Hero doesn't show :Kc: :8h: :7h: :5h:
    MIffow shows :Td: :6c: :6d: :8c:
    MIffow wins $4.98 USD from main pot
    TheSalm0n wins $4.72 USD from main pot

Two guys were fish so i decided to call pre IP.
    Is my shove on the flop OK and do you guys suggest anything else?I think most of the times full stack villain won't have nut FD and vs naked AA i dominate him :)

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  2. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Very good hand to post, because it is full of a lot of preflop and postflop mistakes, so it will be useful for you to learn. Here are the important things to remember from this hand:

1) Calling this hand is terrible in a multiway pot. Your hand is garbage. The King is not connected with the other 3-cards in any way, you have 3 hearts, which is bad for flopping flushes and flush draws. Your hand is suited to the 9, which is also terrible in a multiway pot because if you flop a FD or a flush and you get a multiway action, your FD or flush is never good.

2) the 578x combo actually flops a lot of non nut straightrdaws as well, which makes it also bad for multiway flop. For me your hand is a fold 100% of the time, BUT if you want to ever play it it is 100 times better to raise it, and hope to get a HU pot, then to call and invite a lot of players in the pot.

3) All your preflop mistakes are well demonstrated postflop, because you see this flop and you think - WOW I have a mosnter draw!!! However, in a 4 way pot your draw will never be as strong as you think. A 10, 8, and a 7 do not give you the nut straight, and the heart doesn't give you even close to the nut flush. So you have only 3 outs ot the nuts - the 3 fives.

I suggest that you read my article about hand selection, and learn which hands are good to call with and look for multiway action, and which hand you should be either folding or raising in position to isolate the pot to HU or 2 players at most.

Easiest rule is just look at your hand preflop and ask yourself: Does this hand flop big sets, nut flushes, nut straights and dominating draws, and if the answer is "YES" than it is OK to call multiway. Hand examples:

AdJdTx, Ah9h9s7, KK74r etc... Anything with nut potential.

IF your hand does not seem to have lots of nut potential, but is playable and sort of connected, then it is better to reraise in position and hope some players fold out. Examples:

5h7h9sTs, Qs8s97, 45d6d7, 9cTcJK etc.

I hope this helps. Fell free to ask more questions if things are still unclear.

3. Glista

Glista
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    10x for the explanation :) I still make a lot of mistakes but i give my best to learn from them and not to allow them anymore.

4. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    It's the only way to learn :) Keep up the hard work and you will get there. Try to watch some videos, if you are still unclear on which hands are good to call preflop and which are good ot reraise and which are garbage and must be folded.