1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Poker Hands' started by beanit, Apr 20, 2010.

1. beanit

beanit
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    http://www.holdemmanager.net
    PL Omaha $0.50(BB) Prima Game#3278720639

Hero ($64.95)
    LeLeech_ ($50)
    ohmna ($50)
    smaan123 ($120)
    KAAMOS1 ($109)
    HandThemOver ($50)

Hero posts (SB) $0.25
    LeLeech_ posts (BB) $0.50

Dealt to Hero: :Jd: :9s: :Qs: :9d:
    fold ,
    smaan123 raises to $1.75
    fold , fold ,
    Hero calls $1.50
    fold ,

FLOP
    ($4) :7s: :3d: :6d:
    Hero checks
    smaan123 bets $4
    Hero calls $4

TURN
    ($12) :7s: :3d: :6d: :Js:
    Hero checks
    smaan123 bets $12
    Hero calls $12

RIVER
    ($36) :7s: :3d: :6d: :Js: :4s:
    Hero checks
    smaan123 bets $36
    Hero calls $36
    smaan123 shows :Td: :5d: :5h: :Th:
    (Pre 47% , Flop 41.7% , Turn 5.0%)

Hero shows :Jd: :9s: :Qs: :9d:
    (Pre 53% , Flop 58.3% , Turn 95.0%)

Hero wins $105

2. beanit

beanit
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I was wondering what to do on turn so I decided to call. Guy is 98/54 with 58% aggression.
    Is it fine to call preflop or I should be 3betting. Also postflop how is it? I got afraid to put my rest of the stack in with 3rd flush and this guy clearly wasnt going to pay me(with his holding but who knows :)).

3. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    preflop is fine. Flop is also fine, because you have the 99 blockers so if a 5, T or, 8 fall you can represent a higher straight, so there are a lot more good turns for you than a 9 or a diamond. Turn is also good with the 2 FDs. He is strictly repping 45xx, so if you c/r turn you should have no fold equity, that's why there is no reason to c/r turn. You are still close to 36-40% with your 2 FDs, so good enough to c/c. River is also fine, he will often bet strong nonflush hands, because you hit a backdoor flush and he wouldn't put you on it when u check river. No reason to c/r, though, because you are only getting called by higher flushes if you do that. So c/c river is good.

The way I would play the hand though is to lead flop. Original raiser should have more high cards, and overpairs in his range, and you as a caller should have more connected medium cards, so if you lead this flop you will get a lot of folds. If you get called you have a lot of equity, and also like I said can rep any straight that hits on turn, which includes a 9 because of your blockers, so I suggest leading in these spots into original raiser.