1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Poker Hands' started by ytricky, Feb 4, 2010.

1. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hand History for Game 2102492677 (IPoker)
    $100.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday , February 04 , 03:52:37 ET 2010
    Table Heyob (Real Money)
    Seat 6 is the button
    Seat 1: GAMBLING4FUN ( $114.45 USD )
    Seat 3: Kranchann ( $21.50 USD )
    Seat 6: LProtector ( $102.00 USD )
    Seat 8: Hero ( $100.00 USD )
    Hero posts small blind $0.50 .
    GAMBLING4FUN posts big blind $1.00 .

Dealt to Hero: :Jc: :Qh:
    Kranchann folds
    LProtector raises $3.00
    Hero raises $10.50
    GAMBLING4FUN folds
    LProtector calls $8.00

FLOP ($23.00)
    :9d: :Ts: :7d:
    Hero checks
    LProtector bets $17.00
    Hero raises $74.00

2. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    So the guy was stealing a shit ton from the button and agressive in general. My reasoning for checkraising is, that if i check to him on this board, i give him license to fire all his air + i have good equity, when called. Bet/calling on the other hand would make him fold all his air, and we would get it in with the same amount of equity, also playing the turn if called would be difficult unless we hit.

Your thoughts?

3. D_Zoo

D_Zoo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    a c/r here looks like a draw (because it usually is since u prefer u bet he rr u get it in) so keep that in mind since now people can make more heroish calls since they feel more committed with hands

basically though it comes down to can I make him get it in with a wide range that includes worse draws? Meaning like if u had the nut fd u would be happy to get it in here since he can have worse fds and JQ. With JQ u can get it in vs K high fds and like 78, 89 draws that are ahead of u and have blockers (obv reason they are more ahead here).

Also, dont rr so big, most wont call anyways since its a raise or fold spot and just bet big enough where u are jamming a turn basicalky regardless of what comes. The bigger the rr the more drawish it looks.