1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing myself and a new article

Discussion in 'Other Poker Rooms' started by Botafogo, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    PLO Article
    Hello Grinders,

I am Botafogo, and I will be the new PLO moderator/instructor for Grinders.org. When I started playing PLO 4-5 months ago I immediately fell in love with the game and started putting massive amounts of effort into studying PLO in great mathematical and technical detail. I got 2 hours of coaching from Leggo’s coach grizzy123, a well-known high stakes PLO winner, and then got 5 more hours from CardRunners instructor “wazz”, a well-known mid-stakes PLO grinder and well respected 2+2 poster.

Those, plus the hundreds of posts on 2+2 and many hours spent on HEM review and plugging equities on propokertools.com, quickly turned me into a consistent 13-15bb/100 winner over ~60K hand sample. I have also seen almost all PLO videos from all coaching sites, probably over a 100, and I have read all good PLO articles and books out there, including Slowhabit and CTS’s excellent book on switching from NLHE to PLO. Even though it looks like I don’t have too much playing experience terms of volume of hands, I believe I have developed the skills and knowledge to successfully coach at least low-mid stakes PLO players (up to 200PLO) and to turn them into big winners at low-mid stakes, and teach them skills, which are important and transferable all the way up to 1000PLO, where the players are still pretty bad.

I have a lot passion for the game and the fact that the optimal strategy for the game is yet to be discovered motivates me to work very hard and to try to find that optimal winning strategy before the majority of the PLO player pool figures it out. I hope with my work at Grinders.org that we can reach that goal and I hope that I can convert many of you to go from NLHE to PLO, because in my opinion it is a very smart move to make for tons of reasons, many of them listed in my first article, which you can find in the Article section at Grinders.org:

10 reasons to switch from NLHE to PLO

I will do my best to give detailed analysis on all PLO hands that people post in Hand Discussion, and I will also try to regularly post instructional articles and videos. I will also be available for one-on-one coaching if anyone is interested just PM me.

Most of the networks – BossMedia, Ongame, Prima, ipoker, B2B are overflowing with fish at the low-midstakes PLO games, and there is a lot of value to be taken. With a great RB deal, it is possible to make a lot of money even by breaking even, because in PLO you rake much higher than in NLHE. I suggest that you choose one of our great RB offers at Grinders.org and start playing and learning Omaha seriously because it is slowly becoming the game of the future and most serious NLHE grinders are converting towards the PLO field, having noticed all the value in the games.

See you around,
    Botafogo

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
  2. Zografa

Zografa
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +446 / 10 / -17
    Poker Hands:
    Welcome and i hope for a good time with you!

3. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    i would love tog et into plo. Could you write an article about PF hand ranges with the main point beeing how your hand range changes by position and the action? I found alot of material on what kind of hands to play, but none really discussed how i adjust my range for each position.

Also would like a basic ABC postflop guide.

4. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Sure. Right now I am working on these exact topics, I have started an article about "Hand Selection" preflop and then I will build from there with future articles on how all the good preflop hands that you should be selecting play well postflop because of their smooth/polarized equity distribution. I will also make some videos on that topic as well. The more interest I see from Grinders.org members in PLO theory, the more frequently I will be producing materials.

GL at the tables, and I am looking forward to building a nice PLO community of winning players on this site!

5. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    Very glad to see you here, you have been one of the first valuable posters at our BG forums. You and gazavat came at a time when we were wondering if it's worth it to continue, and you guys changed everything. Hope you give a nice push forward to this forum too, and of course serious Omaha content will be very nice to see, it is still rare :)

6. radotdr

radotdr
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Sounds intresting !!! I will defenitly follow everything you produce :):)

7. Silver

Silver
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Welcome! I will be looking for vids too ;]

8. gazavat

gazavat
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Botafogo is one of the most diligent and studious grinders in the game of Poker that I know of. His balanced academic approach and discipline are both fascinating and inspirational. I have always looked up to and learned from him. Certainly one of the best people around to get sharp, tilt-free analysis and profound feedback from, thus, highly recommended for coaching. I owe my poker career to him as I have spend weeks and weeks with this guy sweating me, crunching numbers, stoving ranges and analyzing opponents . Good luck in your endeavor Sir!

9. beanit

beanit
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hello, just wanted to ask you what are your hourly rates for coaching?

10. jully

jully
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Wellcome!

11. AstraLa

AstraLa
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +117 / 2 / -6
    Poker Hands:
    Hi, I wish you all the best and I want to know the rates as well.

12. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    If you are interested in coaching, you can PM me and we can discuss rates. Thanks!

P.S. I am Bulgarian, so don't worry if your don't speak much English, we can do sessions in Bulgarian of course.

13. Pro2type

Pro2type
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +206 / 3 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    Welcome !