1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long to get good?

Discussion in 'Main Poker Forum' started by maikl, Aug 6, 2010.

1. maikl

maikl
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Im at the point where i can sit down and play. But when i comes to hands i have a tought time remembering what beats what sometimes, just cause im new. Well the question that I have is how long will it take me to get good at poker and whats the best ways about doing it?

2. Desis

Desis
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I guess its different for all people, but atleast few months, so you get used to everything and start seeing not only yours hands, but what your enemies might have. Tho if you have a hard time remembering what beats what, you can just type the rulez on a list and put it next to you when playing :) And don't worry at the start if you miss that someone might have a straight etc. its normal. For me the best way to become better is playing and also you should find some microstakes guides and read them, also watch videos, its more interesting, cos you see what is going on and easier to understand. And its normal if you read something at the start, not to understand lots of the stuff, later on u'll know!