1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I win at the micros playing a LAG style?

Discussion in 'Main Poker Forum' started by derrik, Aug 3, 2010.

1. derrik

derrik
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Can I win at the micros playing a LAG style?
    I've played 11k hands at 10NL playing 32/28 winning 11bb/100. I feel like my game is good and play a good style at these stakes. There are a fair reg TAG players who I exploit thats my reason for playing so loose.

Can I carry this on at 10NL and moving onto 25NL? Or do I have to tighten up to be more profitable?

2. Wonderful

Wonderful
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    you can play 40/35 at certain table and 12/10 at another, depends on ur opponents.

3. 5TOV

5TOV
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    If you play 32/28 for about 50k hands,it will be cool if you are breakeven. I think so this style can't be profitable at this stakes,because opponents tilt very easy and start gambling,not playing poker.But i wish you good luck :)

4. GambitTakesDis

GambitTakesDis
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +134 / 3 / -1
    Poker Hands:
    There are a lot of nits even in 10nl and if you are good post-flop (where most people suck at these stakes) I see no problem. But you should always adjust your game according to your opponents, so standard play is not worse, gl =)

5. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    The thing with lag play at low stakes is.
    1. Big player pools, means less knowledge of single opponent, means less skill advantage.
    2. Higher rake kills your winnings since you play lots of pots with small edges.
    3. If you can beat 10NL lag you could beat 20 NL tag, which is more profit.