1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BvB TPTK

Discussion in 'Texas Holdem Hand Discussion' started by Pro2type, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Pro2type

Pro2type
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +206 / 3 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    http://www.holdemmanager.net
    NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer Game#3580727722

Dec1 ($100)
    Hero ($149)
    TheonlyEdjon ($103)
    lambiain ($105)
    motterfit ($20.84)

Dec1 posts (SB) $0.50
    Hero posts (BB) $1

Dealt to Hero: :Qh: :Kc:
    fold , fold , fold ,
    Dec1 raises to $3
    Hero calls $2

FLOP
    ($6) :8d: :9h: :Kh:
    Dec1 bets $3
    Hero raises to $10
    Dec1 calls $7

TURN
    ($26) :8d: :9h: :Kh: :2h:
    Dec1 checks
    Hero checks

RIVER
    ($26) :8d: :9h: :Kh: :2h: :9d:
    Dec1 checks

Hi guys,
    I`m not very proud about this hand and can use some advice. My opponent is 22/17/3,4 for 2,4k hands, he steals from SB 30% but I suspect he is tighter vs. Me he folds to resteal 36% in general vs. Me maybe less, he 4-bets me on bluff from time to time so I decided just to call. He c-bets 56% on the flop, 48% on the turn and 100% on the river (only for 2 hands). I have some notes for him but unfortunately they are irrelevant to this case, on the flop I think that he`ll make it bigger with hands like AK and I put him on draw or draw + pair so I wanted to get value from this hands, the turn came 3th heart so I though that check behind is my only option. I want to know do we always value bet this river when he checks, never check/raised till this moment and his aggression frequencies are 37/24/24.

2. jully

jully
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    u can even bet the turn
    bet 14-18 on the riv the pot is small

3. Zografa

Zografa
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 10 / -17
    Poker Hands:
    hm just 3b this its a really nice hand to do so - has blockers for monsters and plays well as a tp type hand
    as played i dont really like your plan... ur basically turning your hand into a bluff most of the time(i mean what? he is going to pay u off with KT or KJ? vs draws that hell continue ur flipping)

as played on the turn ill bet for sure smth like 18-20 and ill check most rivers.

4. ThuNDeR

ThuNDeR
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +67 / 5 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I dont quite agree that he's turning his hand into a bluff on the flop .the reg is cbeting an inducing amount and its blind vs blind so will level himself into calling with worse for sure some of the time.

if he's not the type to ch/raise the turn with air/draws I'll valuebet the turn 18ish and ch back most rivers

5. Make2Plays

Make2Plays
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Here's the question:

What kind of hands can call your thin value bet on the river that you are actually beating? I see hands that can call you that you beat as:

QQ (unlikely)
    JJ (unlikely)
    TT (unlikely)
    KJ
    KT
    KQ (chop)

That's IT. Nothing else calls you when you make the bet. So the rest of his range either folds or check-raises you (as a bluff or for value). So I guess the question is: where is the value in valeu betting here?