1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American players where to play?

Discussion in 'Main Poker Forum' started by Zografa, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Zografa

Zografa
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +431 / 10 / -17
    Poker Hands:
    As you know the poker industry will never be the same after this "black Friday" that came upon us. So now American players cannot play on full tilt or poker stars anymore they have to search for alternatives.

We at grinders.org have 2 of the best choices for you to start playing again.

http://grinders.org/index.php?poker=merge-rakeback

PokerHost - one of the best options to play at all. Here is what we have there:
    # Rakeback 35% - daily payments!
    # $100 for each $500 of monthly rake
    # First Deposit Bonus - 100% up to $600(5$ for every 375 points which works like 5$ for every 58$ of rake)
    # Reload Bonuses - 50% up to $200(You can request as many as you wish it works like this - 5$ for every 750 points or 116$ rake)
    # Grind Prix - you can win additional value here - up to 900 EUR/1300$(top50 get rewards yo will get reward with 1400$ rake for calender month)

So lets make a little calculations here:
    Lets say you are a serious player and you rake 5 000$ monthly. This is what you get for that:
    35% rakeback - 1750$
    100$ for each 500$ - 1000$
    First Deposit bonus - 430$ cleared(if you use reload bonuses it will be 215 cleared)
    Grind Prix - you will probably be top10 in the final rankings(with 5 000$ rake) so you are guaranteed at least 400$ reward.

AND THIS IS NOT EVERYTHING - you can buy in into tournaments with your poker points so this is additional value(you can use them at the shop too - very nice WSOP TIckets promotions running now).

Also the room runs occasional promotions with very good value(they run the March Madness promotion last month which gave you like 5% more value to your bonuses).

So all in all for you 5 000$ rake you will get back ~3 600$. Make the calculations alone for this offer and see how high are the % of valueback!

Other good things about PokerHost - the rake at HU tables is capped at .50 cents and the rake at 6 max tables is also in the industry lowest part.
    The traffic is high during the US prime time hours. Obviously you cannot expect to have the same traffic like in stars or tilt but there is still enough tables to play on and also players are weaker than the bigger sites.

http://grinders.org/index.php?poker=cake-rakeback
    AdamEvePoker - our offer in the cake network. Here is what you get:
    # Rakeback 33%
    # Grinders.org Rake Chase (up to 20% of additional value)
    # First Deposit Bonus - 110% up to $600 works like this 5$ for every 84 FPP points or 5$ for every 84 rake(for ring games, to uranements give more fpps)
    # Instant Bonus $25 + $25(25$ instant and 25 after 70 FPP)
    # Grind Prix

So lets make the same example with 5 000$ raked per month. Here is the calculation:
    rakeback - 1650$
    rake chase - 1000$
    first deposit bonus -~300$
    Instant Bonus 50$
    Grind Prix - you will probably be top10 in the final rankings(with 5 000$ rake) so you are guaranteed at least 400$ reward.

Total 3 400$ for 5 000$ rake(or 3100 when you dont have deposit bonus).

This is of course not everything the room has a lots of central promotions - gold chips, gold cards, the exchange system and other stuff which give you additional value.

Rake for HU is capped at .50c and rake for 6max is a little bit different than merge but still is in the industry low part.

I hope you have more information now so you can make a smart choice. Ill give 2 more examples later for 500$ and 2000$ rake for each room.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  2. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    I wonder if and when Cake and Merge will decide to get rid of US players. It seems natural for them to do this and secure long term existence of their networks...

But on the other hand, how much a difference will it make? They have already been allowing US players the past 5 years, that can't be undone and the USA doesn't let such things slide. It's all about money, 5 years or 5 years and a half the damage is pretty much the same, but by keeping US players those networks have some chances to become real strong and grow their non-US player base as well. Contrary, if they go the "safe" way and close for Americans, Merge and Cake will become just two small euro networks - not a very good prospect

Also, Merge and Cake have seen how Black Friday unfolded with PS and FTP - it is not THAT scary or fatal... A poker network is harder to hurt too with so many separate skins. I think knowledge of how it went with FTP and PS can be used to prepare for similar measures against Merge/Cake - if it happens the same way, damage can be limited by being ready with backup domains and delivering news to the players through the poker software if it stays live (like ps and ftp).

So I think they are very likely to take the risk and keep accepting US players simply because there's a lot to win and what is lost is already lost, can't make it much worse. And I am sure lots of US players will keep playing, maybe they will be reluctant to deposit large sums, but I am sure many will try with small deposits

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
  3. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    I think we are witnessing the revenge of the affiliates - I'm talking about all those small and medium poker sites who felt betrayed by FullTilt and PokerStars last few years (low commissions, sketchy "costs" reducing revenue for affiliates). Many of those guys have now taken off PS and FTP and are heavily pushing Merge network sites, especially Carbon Poker and PlayersOnly.

Merge Poker Chart
    It's an almost orchestrated effort to bring Merge up the charts. If you look at pokerscout.com, other US friendly networks like Cake and Everleaf are definitely not showing such intense growth - I believe one of the the reasons is CarbonPoker's Atil and his efforts over the past few years to be in constant contact with all the important affiliates that can bring fresh traffic to a poker network. Not talking about us haha, I mean affiliates who rank well in google for keywords searched by newbie players - those affiliates are extremely valuable for a network like Merge.

The network has had it's ups and downs and through the downs it's flagship CarbonPoker has shown great maturity - I know of at least two merge skins going into financial trouble over the past couple of years and Carbon handled those situations very well, the public was well informed what is going on and players were never affected.

Of course we (Grinders.org) and our Merge partner PokerHost are probably going to benefit from this situation, as will our players - it can't hurt at that point to be playing on probably the best Merge rakeback deal.

4. db112

db112
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Cake and Merge may be accepting US players at the moment, but this will be a huge put off to players from the rest of the world that play there. If they don't stop it is only a matter of time before they too get into trouble with the DOJ.

I think players(from outside the US) will run from sites that allow US players, because they don't want to get caught up in something like this again, and have to worry about their money getting stuck on a site.

If they look to take all the US players from stars, tilt, and lose allot off traffic from the rest of the world, only to find themselves in the same kind of situation as stars and tilt in a year or so down the road, they may not survive due to a much larger dependence on US players.

Stopping US players and going after players outside the US would be the safest option. But poker sites are greedy, and i don't think they will chose this one.

I think the US will allow online poker for US players only, like in France and Italy, they are just really making a mess of it at the moment. In the end i think it will have to be US based poker sites that only allow US players, keeping the money in the country.

5. celavey

celavey
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Carbon Poker already accepts US players as well as Australian players. You can start playing there. I think Lock Poker also accepts American players. Check it out.[​IMG]

Oh so good!! [​IMG]