1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AK in 3bet pot IP 200bb deep

Discussion in 'Texas Holdem Hand Discussion' started by Pro2type, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Pro2type

Expand Collapse

+161 / 3 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer Game#3570049186

ZiPdAHoE ($209)
    X-straAA ($428)
    Acinna84 ($553)
    Torsten127 ($70.45)
    Hero ($200)

ZiPdAHoE antes $0.10
    X-straAA antes $0.10
    Acinna84 antes $0.10
    Torsten127 antes $0.10
    Hero antes $0.10
    ZiPdAHoE posts (SB) $0.50
    X-straAA posts (BB) $1

Dealt to Hero: :Kd: :As:
    fold , fold ,
    Hero raises to $3
    ZiPdAHoE raises to $12.50
    fold ,
    Hero calls $9.50

($26.50) :2h: :Ks: :4s:
    ZiPdAHoE bets $18
    Hero calls $18

($62.50) :2h: :Ks: :4s: :Tc:
    ZiPdAHoE bets $38
    Hero calls $38

($138) :2h: :Ks: :4s: :Tc: :Jc:
    ZiPdAHoE bets $140

at the time of this had happened I had only 55 hands for that guy for them he was running 21/17 and that was his first 3bet and we are 200bb deep so that is why I call him. Is there any other play till the river and are you 100% fold there?
  2. Make2Plays

Expand Collapse

+0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I might consider raising the flop and if he continues then being done with the hand. His line is so strong - it is ultra-polarized. There are not a lot of holdings that can bet all three streets like that given how the board runs out. By the time you get to the river, you have to decide how much you want to continue. Let's give him a range of hands

I think 15-20% of the time we can say he has air and went to 3 barrell mode.

The rest of the time, I can't see him taking this line without one of the following hands:

AA, AK, KK, TT, 22, 44 (he could have been three betting with the bottom ofhis range out of the BB and gotten lucky)

Are there any other hands that can legitimately bet all three streets? QQ and JJ slow down on the turn. AQ checks the turn trying to get to the river. I'm not even sure someoen can play AK that strongly 200 BBs deep.

His three bet sizing is on the larger side, so I might be inclined to lean toward AK or TT type of hands that like to end the pot immediately. Of course, if he is trying to set up a better SPR for AA or KK type of hands, he might three bet bigger as well.

The last thing is this... his bet size on the river - why go full pot after going 3/4 on the flop and 3/4 on the turn? Is he super strong trying to look weak or is he really weak? This kind of reminds me of that hand between Dwan and Ivey on HSP where Dwan three barrelled with air and Ivey tank folded, wanting to call with a busted flush draw and a pair of sixes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSqkhN9Rqk0
    Tough spot. He has to know you have at least AK - so he either can beat AK or he is trying to tell you that top pair top kicker is no good... weird.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
  3. jully

Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

+59 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    u played it fine ...fold riv