1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Poker Hands' started by Silver, May 15, 2010.

1. Silver

Silver
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    http://www.holdemmanager.net
    PL Omaha $0.20(BB) Prima Game#3326162740

Hero ($22.28)
    Donkstyle ($22.56)

Donkstyle posts (SB) $0.10
    Hero posts (BB) $0.20

Dealt to Hero: :Ah: :Qs: :3c: :Ac:
    Donkstyle raises to $0.60
    Hero raises to $1.80
    Donkstyle calls $1.20

FLOP
    ($3.60) :Td: :2c: :5s:
    Hero checks
    Donkstyle checks

TURN
    ($3.60) :Td: :2c: :5s: :Ad:
    Hero bets $2.20
    Donkstyle raises to $8.60
    Hero raises to $20.28
    Donkstyle calls $11.68

RIVER
    ($44.16) :Td: :2c: :5s: :Ad: :2s:
    Hero shows :Ah: :Qs: :3c: :Ac:
    (Pre 62% , Flop 65.5% , Turn 28.7%)

Donkstyle shows :4d: :9c: :Js: :3d:
    (Pre 38% , Flop 34.5% , Turn 71.2%)

Hero wins $43.16

2. Silver

Silver
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    std hand vs unknown? i have blocker for 34

3. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Kind of standard, but there are a few things I would have done differently.

First of all, you DEFINITELY have to bet flop 100% of time. This is the driest flop in the world you can get in PLO. He should almost never have 22xx, or 55xx in his 3-bet defending range, but he can have a lot of TJQxx, T796 etc, type of hands and you don't want to give those a free card, You have to start betting to get value and charge such hands. If you get raised, you definitely have enough equity to get it in with about 100BB stacks with the Aces + gutshot, the BDNFD and the BDstraightdraw if J and K come on turn and river.

On turn you don't really have blockers to 34, but you have 1 blocker, which is does not matter as much as if you had 44, or 33, but it's good that you are making that observation. Since a FD comes on the turn, I feel like a player will be shoving a few more hands than just 34, maybe like AT, A5, but this is where blockers consideration really come into play. You have AAxx, and there is an A on board, so it is SO unlikely he has AT or A5. So, you have to ask yourself "what is he shoveing"? If he had TTxx, 22xx, or 55xx, wouldn't he bet on the flop for value after you check? Even if he checked back, why would be shoving now on turn, when his set is no longer close to the nuts, because you may have 34xx, or AAxx like you do. So, I think weaker sets and most combo draws like JQxx with diamonds etc. will just flat your turn bet in position.

IMO he is almost always raising 34xx here, and versus an unknown I think I would just bet/call turn and reevaluate on river, possible check/folding on a blank . We still have 30% equity on turn and lots of ways to improve, and on top of that we may get a free showdown if a diamond falls and he doesn't have the diamonds. SO there are about 50% good rivers for us, the 30% we improve full house,quads or straight + 20% diamond hits.

Anyways as you played it is fine, just because we have top set and it is the small levels where players get it in on turn with lots of worse hands, and not knowing your opponent makes this decision pretty close.

4. Silver

Silver
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    This guy was crazy and my plan was to c-r and play for stacks on the flop. His 3bet % was 60 and everytime when i check the flop he pot it and folded few times to raise. Ty very much for the comment. My 3bet was around 20%.

5. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    well, since you know that the guy is crazy and very aggressive, then turn play is fine, but in your question you described him as an unknown, so I answered assuming we have no info on opponent.

One way or the other, I am not sure if a check/raise is the optimal line on flop here, because it looks very suspicious when you don't c-bet this mega safe board, and I do not see him betting many hands. I still advise you to just c-bet flop and then you could go for a c/r on this turn, if you think that he he is aggressive enough to be stabbing turn with FD+ combo draws or a TJQK type of hands. It's good to c-bet here for balance too, because this board will miss his range so often, and there are no big draws for him to have, and you want to be c-betting such boards often, so that you can do it with some air too like a AJKQ, or 6789 type of hands.

It's really your check on the flop, which makes stack sizes wierd on the turn for any kind smooth play. If you c-bet flop and he calls, now you can much more safely bet/get it in on turn because pot odds will make it correct with 30% equity vs the nuts.

6. Silver

Silver
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I described it first as unknown to get responds about this situation in general. Thanks again for the detailed answer.

7. Glista

Glista
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    what do u consider a normal amount for Cbet in PLO? is it pot? or 60-70% of the pot?

8. Silver

Silver
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    1v1 3bet pot for 100bb around 50-55%, depends on the board. Here $2 is ok imo.

9. Glista

Glista
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    Poker Hands: