1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Poker Hands' started by jordii, May 7, 2010.

1. jordii

jordii
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hand # 3310451018 starting - 2010-05-07 05:15:29
    Dolly In Chains 2 Omaha (0.50|1 PL - Cash Game) Real Money

Hero sitting in seat 2 with €226.24
    OMGCragDavid sitting in seat 4 with €214.79
    dxmorgan sitting in seat 5 with €156.20 Sitting out
    OEDIPUS sitting in seat 6 with €103.35 Dealer
    Hero posted the small blind - €0.50
    OMGCragDavid posted the big blind - €1.00

Dealing cards to Hero: :Ad: :Td: :Ah: :Qh:
    OEDIPUS raised to €3.50
    Hero raised to €11.50
    OMGCragDavid folded
    OEDIPUS called - €11.50

FLOP
    :Kh: :4d: :5s:
    Hero checked
    OEDIPUS checked

TURN
    :Jh:
    Hero bet - €17.00
    OEDIPUS raised to €40.00
    Hero called - €40.00

RIVER
    :Kc:
    Hero checked
    dxmorgan was disconnected
    OEDIPUS went all-in - €51.85
    Hero called - €51.85
    OEDIPUS shows:
    :4c: :8s: :6s: :2c:
    Hero shows:
    :Ad: :Td: :Ah: :Qh:
    Hero wins €204.70 from the main pot

Rake: €3

hmm how is best to play turn just bet shove or ?

2. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Having the 2 BDNFDs adds a lot of value to your hand ~8% equity, so you should definitely c-bet flop, and get it in if raised. He shouldn't have many 44xx, 55x, in his 3-bet calling range, and also the rainbow board doesn't put any monster draws out there. The strongest draws he can have are a few big wraps, but even vs them you have 40% equity, which is enough to bet and stack off on flop:

board: Kh4d5s
    Hand Equity Wins Ties
    AhTdAdQh 39.35% 236,120 0
    4567, 7856 60.65% 363,880 0

I know your main question was on turn, so here is what I think. Since he checked back the flop, I do not see how this J improved his hand. He is repping a 2-oter JJxx, which will only hit 4% of the time, or a 3-outer with Kjxx, which only hits 6% of time, not to mention that once you check flop he will often bet KJxx hands, so I do not think he can have KJxx often. For this reason, I like the way you played it because I think that he is often on a bluff, so if we bet-get it in on turn, he will fold all his air and some of his semibluffs, and only call hands that have a lot of equity b/w 40-50%. I also think think that if we call turn and hit one of our many outs and check he will continue most of his bluffs, so we can get full value when we hit this way.

If it was possible for him to have stronger made hands on turn, then bet/getting it in is better just because OOP it is hard to get paid when we hit, so we are better off getting the money in on turn with more than enough equity vs a very tight range. We are actually flipping vs the 2 strong hands that he is trying to rep.

board: Kh4d5sJh
    Hand Equity Wins Ties
    AhTdAdQh 48.93% 292,801 1,526
    JJ**, Kj** 51.07% 305,673 1,526

If he will raise turn on semibluff with weaker straighdraws and FDs and will get it in on turn, then we definitively want the money in on turn, because we have a monster vs such a range.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
  3. jordii

jordii
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Thank you sir.I was going to check raise on the flop ,because i saw a tendency on this player to bet a lot when its check to him.I am pretty new to omaha i only play it when no body want to play me holdem. What you write its pretty the same as what i was thinking on the turn.
    I ask what is the best play on turn ,because i was not going to like every non H 3 4 5 6 7 8 and i guess even 9.
    Do u happy snap call every other card and puke call a river 9.
    And do u fold on a 3 67 when you know that you are against an aggro monkey ? :)

Last edited: May 8, 2010