1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AA 200bb deep

Discussion in 'Texas Holdem Hand Discussion' started by getbigboy, Aug 2, 2010.

1. getbigboy

getbigboy
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    http://www.holdemmanager.net
    NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer Game#3453545594

mikaelrudh ($52.06)
    suez1 ($94.32)
    shuvitX ($79.94)
    pokerk1d144 ($83.30)
    jca777 ($127)
    Hero ($90.68)

mikaelrudh posts (SB) $0.25
    suez1 posts (BB) $0.50

Dealt to Hero: :Ac: :Ad:
    fold , fold ,
    jca777 raises to $2.50
    Hero raises to $8.50
    fold , fold ,
    jca777 calls $6

FLOP
    ($17.75) :8d: :7c: :3d:
    jca777 checks
    Hero bets $12
    jca777 raises to $24
    Hero calls $12

TURN
    ($65.75) :8d: :7c: :3d: :6c:
    jca777 checks
    Hero checks

RIVER
    ($65.75) :8d: :7c: :3d: :6c: :4d:
    jca777 bets $95.45 (AI)
    Hero folds

Villian look like a fish 50/30 or something, have 20ish hands on him, doesn't saw him goes to showdown but seems he is on the aggro side. My plan was to vbet 3 streeets but when someone give me action deep I'm pissing in my pants lol. I decided to flat his raise on flop and call/shove any blank turn, but 6 on the turn scaried me a lot, there is a lot of draws but if I bet i'm commited on fucked board 200bb with one pair, i decided to pot control and when he shove the worst river ever I had to fold. I suck at deep play but anyways, do you like my line?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  2. ThuNDeR

ThuNDeR
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +65 / 5 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I'd probably just 3bet flop and stack him before he donates his money to someone else.
    Might call if he's super agro to let him bluff the rest of his stack,but when he checks this turn I woudnt check behind.

I suck in deep 3bet pots though

3. Zografa

Zografa
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +431 / 10 / -17
    Poker Hands:
    hmm, i guess im always getting in on flop here just dont want to have some bad card to ruin my action vs JJ-KK, as played i would def bet the turn cuz most of the river cards will kill the action for sure.

4. Desis

Desis
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I agree with the pros here, I would re-raise the flop and try to get it all in, but even if you just call, you should bet the turn and if he raises you again you may think of folding then, but you shouldn't let him get free cards. Also alot of players will C/R you with nothing on a flop like that, cos they will often put you on AK/AQ, something like that and think that you missed the flop. I do it often even tho playing only 10nl.

5. gavrosh

gavrosh
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I'd be uncomfortable in your shoes too, getting in 200bb postflop with AA at first look seems like overplaying it. Also, the villian probably won't be playing any draws here, so we must put him on pocket pair (or really sick play on KdQd, since you have the Ad). But since you see him as a fish, you can expect him to play 99+, as well as 77/88 that way. This, and the sizes allow you to get it in on the flop imo, because after the flop things can only get worse for you.

6. jully

jully
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I like the size pre ...I'll bet 14 on the flop and stakoff 180bb deep vs crazy unknown fish who's running wild