1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Poker Hands' started by Make2Plays, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Make2Plays

Make2Plays
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    PokerStars Game #51369309056: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.05/$0.10 USD) - 2010/10/19 21:49:47 ET
    Table 'Aribeda II' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
    Seat 1: SytseVliegen ($80.74 in chips)
    Seat 2: N7 Effect ($12.48 in chips)
    Seat 3: Khatl ($27.63 in chips)
    Seat 4: Hero ($88.19 in chips)
    Seat 5: jmk77 ($24.81 in chips)
    Seat 6: zhigewudi ($27.15 in chips)
    zhigewudi: posts small blind $0.05
    SytseVliegen: posts big blind $0.10
    SytseVliegen: posts the ante $0.02
    N7 Effect: posts the ante $0.02
    Khatl: posts the ante $0.02
    Hero: posts the ante $0.02
    jmk77: posts the ante $0.02
    zhigewudi: posts the ante $0.02

Dealt to Hero: :7d: :5c: :6h: :4d:
    N7 Effect: calls $0.10
    Khatl: folds
    Hero: raises $0.40 to $0.50
    jmk77: folds
    zhigewudi: raises $1.32 to $1.82
    SytseVliegen: folds
    N7 Effect: calls $1.72
    Hero: calls $1.32

FLOP
    :5d: :9d: :3s:
    zhigewudi: bets $5.40
    N7 Effect: folds
    Hero: raises $16.20 to $21.60
    zhigewudi: raises $3.71 to $25.31 and is all-in
    Hero: calls $3.71

TURN
    :5d: :9d: :3s: :Qd:

RIVER
    :5d: :9d: :3s: :Qd: :Qs:
    SHOW DOWN
    zhigewudi: shows :Td: :Ad: :Ac: :9h: (a flush , Ace high)
    Hero: shows :7d: :5c: :6h: :4d: (a flush , Queen high)
    zhigewudi collected $54.30 from pot
    SUMMARY
    Total pot $56.30 | Rake $2
    Board :5d: :9d: :3s: :Qd: :Qs:
    Seat 1: SytseVliegen (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 2: N7 Effect folded on the Flop
    Seat 3: Khatl folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: Hero showed:
    :7d: :5c: :6h: :4d: and lost with a flush , Queen high
    Seat 5: jmk77 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: zhigewudi (small blind) showed:
    :Td: :Ad: :Ac: :9h: and won ($54.30) with a flush , Ace high

Did I play this correctly or was I too aggressive? It seems to me, against his two most likely holdings (AA** or 99**), I have way enough equity to get it in, and against AA** or other overpairs, and even two pairs, I have plenty of fold equity. Am I right? Thoughts helpful.

2. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    board: 9d5d3s
    Hand Equity Wins Ties
    7d4d6h5c 49.51% 406 0
    AdTdAc9h 50.49% 414 0

Wow, i thought you would be a 35/65 dog or something here, with your fd dominated. Either way i think this is a standard stack off, but its a super fistpump stack off if you do so well against a hand that has your fd dominated.

Hand Equity Wins Ties
    7d4d6h5c 81.34% 667 0
    AsTdAc9h 18.66% 153 0

You are also a massive favorite against AA without a fd.

plus you are favorite against topset.

Hand Equity Wins Ties
    7d4d6h5c 55.62% 331,992 3,511
    99** 44.38% 264,497 3,511

3. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Very tough one. Being almost 300BB deep, I would probably elect to call, versus a very tight player, just because if board pairs and they continue to bet, or if turn brings a flush and they continue to bet I will probably call one more and find a fold on river, thus save lots of money when we are clearly beat. Being in position in this case is nice and makes the hand very easy to play by just calling, becasue we are left with many options on future streets. If he checks on a blank turn that doesn't improve us we can check back to get a free card or start setting up a semibluff by betting big turn and river if we miss. If villain bets a blank turn, now we still have implied odds to call, even though our equity goes down on like a Jc turn. Now if river misses too and villain bets we can safely fold and save a lot of money when our equity just didn't get realized. If villain checks and we miss, we can decide to bluff if we are confident that he will fold. Also if we hit any of our straights on the river, he will probably call the river bet with any strong hand, sets maybe even 2pairs, if the flush misses, because it is much more likely for opponent to put us on a FD when we call flop and turn then on a wrap.

Also, 100-150BB it's a much easier shove on flop, because stacks are not deep enough for many moves on turns and rivers. Also, if we happen to be crushed by a hand like set+higher FD or 2-pair+FD, we are not making a 300BB mistake. However, preflop action dictates that he more often than not has AAxx or KKxx with FD, so we are doing good versus those hands...unless it is double-paired AA or KK with 55, 33, or 99 with diamonds or ahnds like AA53 or KK95 with diamonds. Versus those we are 35-65 dog.

I guess the main factor here is the type of opponent you are playing. If you think that your oponent will get it in with naked AAxx on this flop, then you should reraisse happily and get it in. However, I don't think that there are many such opponents who will get it in that light on this board for almost 300BB.

So, I guess OOP I would much more prefer a c/r get it in for several reasons:

1) if we check flop OOP, opponent might find this weak and c-bet a wider range on this flop since it is a good flop to c-bet more or less. Now, when we c/raise him we get his c-bet and nice fold equity vs hands with possible equity of 25-30%, which is still a good result.
    2) OOP we just don't have many tools in our arsenal postflop, especially on turn and river, and we want to make sure that we realize our equity by c/raising on flop and hopefully getting it in or getting a fold. If we only check/call flop OOP and scary card hits, we can lead, but maybe our opponent will read this as strength and fold, thus we don't get paid off. If we hit turn and we check, opponent might check back to pot control, and now we can only get 1 bet of value on river, or maybe even not if villain folds.

Bottom line is, we are flipping vs his most likely strong range here, but in position so deep calling is slightly better, just because we get to control the hand and make better decisions on appropriate turn and river cards.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
  4. Make2Plays

Make2Plays
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    This table on the whole was playing loose and maniacal (hence how I got so deep to begin with). This opponent in particular I did not have many hands on, so it was hard to get a real read on how he was playing in comparison to the rest.

BTW, Many players at 5c/10c will stack off with bare AA** here and even KK** here. I am starting today shot-taking at 10c/25c so we'll see what that brings.