1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Poker Hands' started by caiko, Apr 29, 2010.

1. caiko

caiko
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -1
    Poker Hands:
    Hand History for Game 538715711200 (On Game)
    $100.00 USD PL Omaha - Wednesday , March 24 , 02:05:54 ET 2010
    Table Oakland (Real Money)
    Seat 6 is the button
    Seat 7: ladub040 ( $145.10 USD )
    Seat 8: Moneybag- ( $99.00 USD )
    Seat 9: Hero ( $98.00 USD )
    Seat 1: yanapay ( $53.75 USD )
    Seat 6: Malisher ( $191.50 USD )
    ladub040 posts small blind $1.00 .
    Moneybag- posts big blind $1.00 .

Dealt to Hero: :6d: :5s: :As: :7d:
    Hero raises $4.00
    yanapay folds
    Malisher raises $14.00
    ladub040 folds
    Moneybag- folds
    Hero calls $10.00

FLOP ($30.00)
    :7s: :6h: :Th:
    Hero checks
    Malisher bets $20.00
    Hero calls $20.00

TURN ($70.00)
    :2d:
    Hero bets $64.00
    Malisher calls $64.00

RIVER ($198.00)
    :4h:
    Malisher wins $195.00 USD from main pot
    Hero shows :6d: :5s: :As: :7d:
    Malisher shows :Ts: :8s: :9c: :Js:

2. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hmmm...caika, I would just c/fold flop. Your hand is pretty bad OOP on this flop, especially when villain c-bets strongly. Bottom 2 pair in PLO is in general a very weak hand that needs to be played with caution. Especially on this super drawy flop, even if villain has just Aces with the NFD, you are still a slight underdog.

board: 7s6hTh
    Hand Equity Wins Ties
    6d7dAs5s 48.32% 288,822 2,186
    AhAd*h* 51.68% 308,992 2,186

Here are the reasons I would either lead flop and fold to a raise or c/fold flop, even if it seems weak.

If you c/c flop you are OOP and there are still already a lot of hands that beat you, so even on a blank if you check and villain bets you have to fold. If you check turn, villain can check back with many hands that have a lot of equity versus your weak holding to catch up on the river. He can also bluff you if you check river again, and you cannot call. If you decide to lead all-in on a blank turn as you did, you are only getting called by very strong made hands or monster draws, and it is a loosing play in the long run vs such range. So, basically there is almost no scenario for you on the turn, where you can continue profitably with your marginal holding OOP, so c/c flop is just giving away lots of money.

Leading is acceptable, but is also probably a loosing play because if you get called, you have to c/fold turn, or c/fold river, it is just tough OOP with such a marginal hand on this draw-heavy, and made-hand heavy flop.

I think c/fold flop > lead/fold flop if raised

3. caiko

caiko
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -1
    Poker Hands:
    Thank you, it's always usefull your profesional opinion. I played that hand way back before you started to coach me. If i play that hand now, i think i was gonna lead fold it to a raise. :)