1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50PLO bluff raising the turn

Discussion in 'Omaha Hand Discussion' started by ytricky, May 6, 2010.

1. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hand History for Game 3307829174 (Prima)
    $50.00 USD PL Omaha - Wednesday , May 05 , 09:11:36 ET 2010
    Table Lavender Brown 2 (Real Money)
    Seat 4 is the button
    Seat 1: laguna- ( $138.72 USD )
    Seat 2: iHateJuice ( $50.00 USD )
    Seat 3: -milkfish- ( $72.50 USD )
    Seat 4: Hero ( $50.00 USD )
    Seat 5: sisyfos6969 ( $68.55 USD )
    Seat 6: michaela1234 ( $53.17 USD )
    sisyfos6969 posts small blind $0.25 .
    michaela1234 posts big blind $0.50 .

Dealt to Hero: :6s: :Ah: :6c: :Ad:
    laguna- folds
    iHateJuice raises $1.75
    -milkfish- folds
    Hero calls $1.75
    sisyfos6969 calls $1.50
    michaela1234 folds

FLOP ($5.75)
    :5h: :Qd: :3h:
    sisyfos6969 checks
    iHateJuice checks
    Hero checks

TURN ($5.75)
    :4s:
    sisyfos6969 bets $5.75
    iHateJuice calls $5.75
    Hero raises $18.00

guy who lead is a loose fish playing 50% of hands, other guy is pretty tight. Is this a good spot to bluff with the blockers? I assume we should shove any non flush river, and if only the tight guy comes along maybe even shove flush rivers.

2. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Yeah, I think it is a good spot to bluff. Sine everyone checked flop, the guy that leads could be doing this with sets, 2pair+FD etc., and the guy who just calls behind never ever has 67xx, because he should be getting it in on turn on such a drawy flop and not call and give you odds to call behind with a FD for example. So, the only person we can worry about is SB, but I still think a raise is profitable.

However, double-paired Aces, even without a suit are good enough to reraise preflop, so I wouldn't never just call. I don't know why you chose to call, especially on BTN, where you have massive advantage, and you should reraise to fold out blinds and isolate the hand to HU...

3. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hm i heard, that unsuited hands are pretty crappy, since we never flop a flushdraw/backdoor flushdraw. i would kind of feel lost, when i only flop a pair of AA and nothing else with it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
  4. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:

Many unsuited hands are crappy, Yes, but not doublpaired AA66 in Position. I mean on BTN you can even choose to reraise a hand as weak as 5789r, and it will still be profitable. Also, you can consider these aces suited in a way, because with the Ah, Ad, you can always use the blockers to represent the nut flush, so the hand is strong enough to raise. If it was AA62r it is ok to just call, but I still think with position you should be re-raising those. Position is so powerful in PLO, and you should use every chance to isolate the pot on BNT to HU, because playing vs 1 opponent in position in a reraised pot will be profitable for you 99% of the time. It is the ultimate goal in PLO, to play as many and as big possible pots in position, especially vs passive opponents.