1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3bet pot vs tight reg.

Discussion in 'Texas Holdem Hand Discussion' started by ytricky, Apr 20, 2010.

1. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hand History for Game 3279614170 (Prima)
    $100.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday , April 20 , 08:18:50 ET 2010
    Table Sligo 2 (Real Money)
    Seat 5 is the button
    Seat 1: Hero ( $106.28 USD )
    Seat 2: rcobain ( $28.28 USD )
    Seat 3: PIOKARI ( $21.50 USD )
    Seat 4: Totoking ( $258.51 USD )
    Seat 5: HerveMetz ( $112.97 USD )
    Seat 6: limpopo ( $17.08 USD )
    limpopo posts small blind $0.50 .
    Hero posts big blind $1.00 .

Dealt to Hero: :9h: :Kh:
    rcobain folds
    Totoking folds
    HerveMetz raises $3.00
    limpopo folds
    Hero raises $10.00
    HerveMetz calls $8.00

FLOP ($22.50)
    :Jh: :3s: :Ks:
    Hero checks
    HerveMetz bets $14.00
    Hero calls $14.00

TURN ($50.50)
    :6c:
    Hero checks
    HerveMetz bets $28.00
    Hero calls $28.00

RIVER ($106.50)
    :Ac:
    Hero checks
    HerveMetz bets $59.97
    Hero folds
    HerveMetz wins $163.47 USD from main pot

So Hervemetz folds alot to 3bets and folds alot to cbets. He is 18/17/36 but steals about 40% on the button. No particular reads so far.

I wasnt sure how to play this, since i think when i bet i will mostly get called by better.
    I thought if i check my range is mostly ahead of his betting range, since he can fire AJ/AQ/KQ and maybe some suited connectors, or other stuff that he called, with even though i weight his range heavly to broadway hands.

So i want to keep as much weak hands in the pot as i can. On the turn i wasnt very sure what to do, but i decided to call again and reevaluate the river. Can there be made an argument for checkraising? I fold out the equity he has with AQ and will probably get a call from AJ since he got so much money invested already. But maybe i am overestimating how agressive he can be here and turn is a fold.

2. Zografa

Zografa
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -17
    Poker Hands:
    obviously u dont have a plan in this hand so first thing: 3betting is bad if you will have so many questions postflop
    on a second note i will cbet this flop with my whole range(i dont see myself checking with draw or air here neither with made hands vs regs)
    on a 3rd note if he calls preflop and flop with your observation that "Hervemetz folds alot to 3bets and folds alot to cbets. He is 18/17/36 but steals about 40% on the button" this leaves only strong hands and good draws in his range => u can simply check fold the turn after you cbet flop

i dislike c/c lines in this spot so i cant really comment on the hand as played but probably fold is ok

3. Daggo

Daggo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    i think that you cant play your hand for antyhing but bluff here so just c bet the flop and thats it for me... the way you played it id fold the turn

4. jully

jully
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    bet flop and turn
    as played ...very niice c/r on the turn (but I don't like checking that flop )