1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[2nl] TTP in blind war

Discussion in 'Texas Holdem Hand Discussion' started by Pro2type, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Pro2type

Pro2type
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +206 / 3 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    http://www.holdemmanager.net
    NL Holdem $2(BB) Replayer Game#3034895756

meyousmiling ($243)
    Hero ($202)
    jacks_10 ($127)
    HokusDonkus ($260)
    Michelin ($465)
    blaserk ($208)

meyousmiling posts (SB) $1
    Hero posts (BB) $2

Dealt to Hero: :Ts: :Ks:
    fold , fold , fold , fold ,
    meyousmiling raises to $6
    Hero calls $4

FLOP
    ($12) :Td: :7h: :Kd:
    meyousmiling bets $10
    Hero calls $10

TURN
    ($32) :Td: :7h: :Kd: :2s:
    meyousmiling bets $25
    Hero raises to $75
    meyousmiling calls $50

RIVER
    ($182) :Td: :7h: :Kd: :2s: :8h:
    meyousmiling checks
    Hero bets $104

Hi, so in this hand I decide to play a litle of the ordinary line and dunno if this is good or bad play. So the guy is LAG like 22/16/4 for 800 hands, he def. dont like me and after I floated, 3bet and ch/raise him several times I decide to play this time more dif. I think that my line is verry umlogical and bluffy and I rep. a verry narrow range (22) with that call on the flop and raise on the blank turn (he knows that I`m not a fish who will slowplay his set on wet bord). What do u think?
    He CB 70% on the flop and 40% on the turn - so he got 2 have K or atleast draw.

2. D_Zoo

D_Zoo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    if u guys are battling and he isn't giving credit I like rr'ing hte flop. Easy for him to get carried away with a hand and protects ur bluffs. Now if there isn't much chance of him re-bluffing or going nuts with like draws and weaker made hands here then obv I like ur line better.
    Your line is fine regardless, just unless u are really laggy yourself, it looks more scary then a flop rr since its harder for him to re-bluff and get too carried away with AS MANY made hands.
    On the river I would bet larger. Always just think to urself is there a difference in what I bet here? So what could call 104 that folds to 156? I would think you would need to bet smaller than 104 to extract calls from a wider range and def smaller if u want to induce some weird shit (which don't do unless u think u can induce obv). So my value bet here would be like 158ish.
    Also think what ur bluff size would be here before u decide on ur value size. A lot of players make their value bets in the middle where its too large to get value from anything, too large to indice but not large enough for the range they are targeting. As in here, if he can call or wants to call he will call larger. Also, players value bets in these spots don't match up with their bluff sizes.

3. D_Zoo

D_Zoo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I do agree though that u got a perfect turn to do this so I def like the line on this given board.

If he fires away another option is to call call then rr or jam over river cbet. I esp like that line bvb since it protects ur floats since he will stop barreling away

4. Pro2type

Pro2type
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +206 / 3 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    10x man, u r def right that the river bet is mindless ... and for everithing else as well. thanQ 4 the comprehensive coment.

5. jully

jully
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    def rr the flop ,it's the perfect flop to rr and specially vs guy that don't like u
    I think this turn rr on the blank turn is more scary than the flop rr because as u said you'r repping very very narrow range (and that's not good ) because u'r never have air when u'r rr this turn like NEVER :) !
    so rr flop bet turn shove riv

6. Dusty

Dusty
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    raise flop big on turn shove river would be standard/best but given that you just called flop I much prefer to either just call turn and raise/shove/whatever on river or bet a lot larger on the river. Like, at least 162 or something. Or just bet 40 or something and hope he goes nuts with a missed draw.

7. Pro2type

Pro2type
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +206 / 3 / -3
    Poker Hands:
    10x guys
    me stupid
    me have 2 study better
    :)

8. jully

jully
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    btw hero is all in at the riv

9. D_Zoo

D_Zoo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    yeah when i said smaller to induce and stuff I meant like 40 as Dusty said, don't think I said size in my post

10. Zografa

Zografa
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 10 / -17
    Poker Hands:
    def i like more standart line like raise flop and bet bet turn river. But if u call flop as dusty already said i like calling the turn too and putting him allin on riv in some way.