1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20PLO fancy fancy

Discussion in 'Omaha Hand Discussion' started by ytricky, Oct 14, 2010.

1. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hand History for Game 3569404051 (Prima)
    $20.00 USD PL Omaha - Tuesday , October 12 , 09:19:30 ET 2010
    Table DeepStack Omaha 21 (Real Money)
    Seat 1 is the button
    Seat 1: Hero ( $41.96 USD )
    Seat 2: how2win ( $16.21 USD )
    Seat 3: Woodnote ( $20.20 USD )
    Seat 4: c00lg0rillAz ( $22.37 USD )
    Seat 5: CanIHasToo ( $12.48 USD )
    Seat 6: jenjar ( $14.78 USD )
    Woodnote posts small blind $0.10 .
    c00lg0rillAz posts big blind $0.20 .

Dealt to Hero: :Qd: :Qc: :5h: :8d:
    CanIHasToo raises $0.60
    jenjar folds
    Hero calls $0.60
    Woodnote calls $0.50
    c00lg0rillAz folds

FLOP ($2.00)
    :7s: :9s: :Kd:
    Woodnote bets $1.80
    CanIHasToo folds
    Hero calls $1.80

TURN ($5.60)
    :4d:
    Woodnote bets $5.60
    Hero calls $5.60

RIVER ($16.80)
    :3d:
    Woodnote bets $12.10
    Hero calls $12.10
    Hero shows :Qd: :Qc: :5h: :8d:
    Hero wins $38.95 USD from main pot

So this hand i think i went a little overboard with fancy play. The guy who lead is a tight reg. So im putting him on like top two/sets here. Maybe some monster draws, but very unlikely + i got the blockers to those. But really when i saw the flop and my hand, my eyes went wide and i thought i was in bluff-candy land.

So what i figured was. I can take the pot away, on a spade,J,T,Q(but i often have the best hand then). I dont know if he stops on a lower card, but either way i got the gutshot to the 6. So i either win the pot on an 8/6/5 or i stack him when i hit my gutter(unless he got T8 which i dont think he has here). I also can continue on the turn, if my FD or Q comes, even if he bets.

Still i probably should have folded to the lead, but i would love to hear your thoughts on this and similar spots.

2. Make2Plays

Make2Plays
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Fold pre
    fold flop
    fold turn
    call river and dont' ever complain about running bad again

I guess pre is ok because you are able to play your position. But you are taking a huge amount of risk by floating the flop and turn. Of course one of my leaks is a lack of non-showdown winnings, so maybe I just don't see these spots as profitable as often as I should. I just don't think you make a lot of money long term with this line. If it's a non diamond on the river (and a non queen), do you ship it and pray?

3. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    :)

I think pre is definitly okay.
    Flop i agree with you, that i should have folded.BUt i just love blockers :)
    Turn i think is definitly a call since i have good implied odds if a diamond hits.
    I would play the river depending on if a straight card hits and if he bets into me.

4. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    I think that when he bets into 2ppl on flop, he quite often has the spade draw himself, especially if he is a tight player. Tight players usually c/fold or c/c these boards if they are afraid of the FD, unless like you said he has a set or K9xx.

Your blockers awareness and big bluffing potential on lots of turn cards is very important, and it's great that you are thinking about those things, but I think you have to fold on this flop, because many of your outs or bluff outs that you are counting, my not be live if he has the spades FD. If the board was rainbow, then it's definite call. As you played, calling turn is fine now with the BDFD and with the same bluffing potential with blockers on many rivers. When he pushes allin on this river you clearly have to call. You didn't call flop and turn to fold 2nd nuts on river :) I think he is probably shoving an angry set most fo the time not believing that you can have the BDFD hit. Or maybe he put you on spades and is jsut shoving on a bluff here or with a 4567 type of hand with spades, which he might have been barreling himself.