1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20PLO facing a 3bet

Discussion in 'Omaha Hand Discussion' started by ytricky, Apr 9, 2010.

1. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hand History for Game 3259137601 (Prima)
    $20.00 USD PL Omaha - Friday , April 09 , 08:01:43 ET 2010
    Table Winter Night 2 (Real Money)
    Seat 4 is the button
    Seat 1: tmobiledave ( $32.48 USD )
    Seat 2: Hero ( $20.27 USD )
    Seat 3: dtomil212 ( $12.63 USD )
    Seat 4: Kongbeng ( $34.35 USD )
    Seat 5: OneEyeErik ( $14.66 USD )
    Seat 6: katrineho ( $18.12 USD )
    OneEyeErik posts small blind $0.10 .
    katrineho posts big blind $0.20 .

Dealt to Hero: :9d: :Kd: :8c: :5c:
    tmobiledave folds
    Hero raises $0.70
    dtomil212 folds
    Kongbeng folds
    OneEyeErik raises $2.20
    katrineho folds
    Hero calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.80)
    :8h: :5s: :6d:
    OneEyeErik bets $2.40
    Hero raises $12.00
    OneEyeErik folds
    Hero wins $18.72 USD from main pot

villains 63/16 pretty aggro. First question is the pf call ok? I heard you should call lots of 3bets since equity runs so close and handreading is pretty easy (people have AA or AKQJ type hand). So the flop is kind of tricky. I have a gutshot to the nuts Top and bottom pair + a backdoorfd. Should i call here or raise? I didnt really think that much about it since his bet just seemed super weak and i wanted to get him of any equity% that he had in the hand + i didnt think he had a straight here ever. Looking at it now, calling seems pretty good since we can continue on lots of turns and we may keep hands in, that will pay us off later in the hand.

2. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Your preflop open for MP in a 6-max game is close, but if you feel confident enough on the table and CO and BTN are not reraising you often - it is good. Since players on these stakes, don't reraise out of the blinds with anything but premium hands like AAxx, KKxx, and AJKT, our hand with the mid-connected cards is very good to defend because his hand range is not blocking many of our outs and flopping possibilities and we have position which is SO POWERFUL in PLO.

Postflop, I don't mind your raise, his 1/2 pot c-bet defintely feels liek a feeler bet, him jsut hoping that you missed and you will fold enough of your range, but he doesn;t want to commit with his overpair or KJTA hand in case he gets raised. So, I would raise here as well, just because you have the best hand so often, but your middle 2 pair is still semi vulnerable to an overpair with some back door flush draws like AAxx with 2 spades.

Only bad thing about raising is that when we get called he usually has the straight or a set, and we are in pretty bad shape, but I think that those are too rarely in his range in this spot.

I think calling and raising are both fine.

3. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Would this hand be alot better if we had the Tc instead of 5c?

4. AstraLa

AstraLa
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ratings:
    +112 / 2 / -6
    Poker Hands:
    hell yeah :)