1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20PLO Blindbattle

Discussion in 'Omaha Hand Discussion' started by ytricky, Apr 9, 2010.

1. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hand History for Game 3259166493 (Prima)
    $20.00 USD PL Omaha - Friday , April 09 , 08:15:44 ET 2010
    Table The Bawdy 2 (Real Money)
    Seat 6 is the button
    Seat 1: stevemcb ( $61.94 USD )
    Seat 2: Hero ( $67.83 USD )
    Seat 3: Bounres ( $94.69 USD )
    Seat 4: _jjd_ ( $14.10 USD )
    Seat 5: Loids ( $16.46 USD )
    Seat 6: kaukowitch ( $25.05 USD )
    stevemcb posts small blind $0.10 .
    Hero posts big blind $0.20 .

Dealt to Hero: :5s: :Ah: :8d: :Js:
    Bounres folds
    _jjd_ folds
    Loids folds
    kaukowitch folds
    stevemcb raises $0.50
    Hero calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.20)
    :5c: :Jh: :9s:
    stevemcb checks
    Hero bets $1.20
    stevemcb calls $1.20

TURN ($3.60)
    :Qh:
    stevemcb checks
    Hero checks

RIVER ($3.60)
    :3h:
    stevemcb bets $1.20
    Hero folds
    stevemcb wins $4.62 USD from main pot

Guy is 80/25 and i got the read that he bets every piece of the flop mulitway.

So i think F is a clear bet i think, but on the turn i was kind of lost. Should we bet this as a bluff or do we have enough showdown value here? Also is there merit to raising the river? Looks like a straight valuebetting, but i could be wrong. Think im overestimating peoples agression alot.

2. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    You are deep, and your hand has non nut potential , so I would just fold preflop. A8J5 is too disconnected and only suited to the J. When you are deep try to play hands that hit big flops/draws like higher pairs QQxx, KKxx, or doublepaired hands like TT88 or high cards suited to K or A like AKJx sutied to A or to both A and K or good rundowns where the 4-cards are well connected and you hit a lot of wraps/ straights like 98TJ or 5678 etc.

Postflop I play it exactly the same and your reasoning on turn and river is good. His river bet looks either like a milking bet with some straight or a feel bet with JQxx, or 9Qxx , so I think we are beat most of the time if we call. Only question is between raise and fold, and if it felt at the time more of a "I am trying to find out if my 2pair is good" type of bet from villain then you can try to raise. I probably raise 20% and fold 80% of times.