1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20PLO 3bet pot multiway action

Discussion in 'Omaha Hand Discussion' started by ytricky, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hand History for Game 3264208132 (Prima)
    $20.00 USD PL Omaha - Monday , April 12 , 04:07:10 ET 2010
    Table Winter Night 3 (Real Money)
    Seat 1 is the button
    Seat 1: cyberbanan ( $20.05 USD )
    Seat 2: Hero ( $20.13 USD )
    Seat 3: LukeDeG ( $21.70 USD )
    Seat 4: opaopa202 ( $15.29 USD )
    Seat 5: olembe- ( $29.14 USD )
    Seat 6: MikeOldfield ( $22.99 USD )
    Hero posts small blind $0.10 .
    LukeDeG posts big blind $0.20 .

Dealt to Hero: :7h: :Td: :6h: :9d:
    opaopa202 calls $0.20
    MikeOldfield raises $0.40
    cyberbanan folds
    Hero raises $1.50
    LukeDeG calls $1.40
    opaopa202 folds
    MikeOldfield calls $1.20

FLOP ($5.00)
    :6c: :8s: :2c:
    Hero bets $5.00
    LukeDeG raises $19.90
    MikeOldfield raises $21.39
    Hero calls $13.43

So i decided to 3bet PF, since our hand plays better headsup, than multiway and the guy probably putting me on aces trying to crack them + if he 4bets i think we can call. Unfortunatly the pot still gets multiway. So on the flop i decided to just go with the hand, since i flopped a big equity piece, even though there is a fd out there. Dont know how else i can play the hand. Checking may be ok and leading good turns.

2. piskun

piskun
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Use propokertools.com, I think versus 2 xxxx hands your equity is not so big. With this bet there is no FOLD equity vs range AAxx, KKxx, QQxx what your opponents are representig.
    + NO FD at all, You are not drawing NUT straight draw ( good thing is that you have some blockers ).
    I would check/fold it is too loose vs 2 opponents.

3. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    i used pro poker tools. And against two people with flushdraws and an overpair i got 40% equity. Against a fd+overpair hand and a lower wrap hand i still got 30% equity. My equity only really goes down if someone has outs to the same straights or better twopair outs.

4. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    OOP vs 2 ppl, this is an excellent spot to c/c. First of they will always put you on aces, so you can induce one of them to semi-bluff and you can easily c/c with a hand, which has enough equity to continue, but doesn not like to lead flop and get raised. This is a PERFECT PERFECT example of this concept in PLO, when it is best to check/call flop as original raiser because your hand is strong enough to continue vs oponents value-betting/semi-bluffing range but not strong enough to bet and call a raise OOP, because you don't have the FD, and you actually have no clubs in your hand, which makes it more likely for opponents to have clubs and you don't even have BDFD.

When you c/c flop, if a club falls on turn and they bet than you can safely fold. If you hit one of your many outs on turn, but not a club, it is a great spot to just c/r all-in since they will almost certainly continue to bet with any piece or semi-bluff. It is incorrect to get it on this flop without the FD, because it kills lots of your outs, and vs 2ppl it is more than incorrect, because one of them has a set 80% of the time, and the other when he overalls has a monster draw+FD, so here is how your equity looks like vs. such a tight range.

board: 6c8s2c
    Hand Equity Wins Ties
    7d6h9dTh 25.42% 149,090 6,914
    88**, 22** 39.79% 237,555 2,429
    7cAc9c*, KcK*c*, Ac8*c* 34.78% 206,325 4,779

P.S. we only c/c flop if one guy decides to stab and other folds, If you check this flop and action is similar to the actual hand you posted - one guy bets and the other raises all-in you should be HAPPY to just c/fold.

5. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Apart from check/calling in those similar situations sounding good. One guy having a set and the other a flushdraw is like the worst combination of hands we can be up against and we still got 25% equity. We need 29% to be break even getting it in multiway even if we check and both go allin, so if we include anything else in their ranges, this seems to be atleast break even.

BTW Openraiser was like 90/40.
    So i think that weights it to being ev+.

6. Botafogo

Botafogo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Check/calling is simply the best play here OOP vs 2 opponents. Getting it in on flop is obviously not terrible, but it is not going to make you money, you are most of the time close to break even and getting it in with equity b/w 22-33 most of the time on flop, so if you keep doing this in the long run, you will be encountering a lot of swings and variance. There is a lot of merit in PLO in seeing a turn on a FD board before we decide to get the money in, when we have a decent hand but we don't hold the FD, simply because when FD hits on turn which is 20% of the time we can safely fold when someone bets strong and not loose our entire stack when we are drawing dead, while if you get it in on the flop, every-time the turn completes the FD you do loose your entire stack.