1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We ask every single player in the Vbet to write us at grinderssupport
    Dismiss Notice

10plo 200bb

Discussion in 'Omaha Hand Discussion' started by ShLiM, Apr 17, 2010.

1. ShLiM

Expand Collapse

+1 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Hand History for Game 2134933593 (Boss)
    $10.00 USD PL Omaha - Friday , April 16 , 10:20:42 ET 2010
    Table Table OH 929 (Real Money)
    Seat 2 is the button
    Seat 1: Sencimer ( $11.53 USD )
    Seat 2: KeistotEU ( $9.05 USD )
    Seat 3: IFoldToo ( $9.65 USD )
    Seat 4: Hero ( $22.46 USD )
    Seat 5: Romeo156 ( $25.16 USD )
    IFoldToo posts small blind $0.05 .
    Hero posts big blind $0.10 .

Dealt to Hero: :Ah: :9d: :Ad: :Kh:
    Romeo156 calls $0.10
    Sencimer folds
    KeistotEU folds
    IFoldToo folds
    Hero raises $0.25
    Romeo156 calls $0.25

FLOP ($0.75)
    :3h: :Tc: :Ac:
    Hero checks
    Romeo156 bets $0.30
    Hero raises $1.65
    Romeo156 calls $1.35

TURN ($4.05)
    Hero bets $4.05
    Romeo156 calls $4.05

RIVER ($12.15)
    Hero checks
    Romeo156 bets $4.00
    Hero calls $4.00
    Hero shows :Ah: :9d: :Ad: :Kh:
    Romeo156 shows :2h: :9c: :Jh: :7c:
    Hero wins $19.15 USD from main pot

i think ive played this hand perfectly :), but had a argue with a friend, and here it is.

his bet IP vs missed CB was huge 82% (i looked at it now, when playin my read was he was doing it 100%)

thats why i check i was sure he was gonna bet and then i can raise to put more money in pot
    i was scared from the 5 on turn but considered that 42exactly is not in hes range very often, if club hits i was definitely going for c/c.
    thats a beauty 9 on the river all shits missed, didnt saw a point in betting so i went for bluff cath
  2. Botafogo

Expand Collapse

+0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Ok, your plan on flop is not all that bad but over 200BB deep, a c/r there is a mistake, and here is why... In PLO you must always look at SPR(stack-to-pot-ratio) and plan your hand street by street to see how and on which street the money will go in. Even though you have a set here, when you c/r, villain can profitably call you with SOOOO many hands on this drawy flop. Notice how many cards are potentially bad for you on turn - 2,4,5, J, K Q, and clubs - this is 27 cards!!!! SO, more than half the deck, or 54% of turns you will hate. For this reason you should just be leading flop, to charge these draws, without bloating the pot too much on the flop because you are OOP, and half of the times you will have to go into c/calling mode on turn and river, playing guessing game if he is bluffing or not, because basically any draw that hits, would be in his calling range versus your c/r on flop. And he will correctly be calling your c/r in position, knowing that 1) he has odds to chase his draw with enough money behind and implied odds 2) if he misses his draw he can represent many of other draws to bluff you

Your reasoning on turn and river is good in this hand! Good job. But your reasoning for c/r flop is bad ("to put more money in the pot"). You don't necessarily want to put more money in the pot yet on this drawy flop OOP, over 200BB deep... Maybe going for a c/r on a safe turn is better, if you can get most of your stack in.