1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[100nl]TQo in 3bet pot vs donk

Discussion in 'Texas Holdem Hand Discussion' started by Brobebrato, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Brobebrato

Brobebrato
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +68 / 4 / -6
    Poker Hands:
    Hand History for Game 2997561291 (Prima)
    $100.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday , December 02 , 09:03:38 ET 2009
    Table Muhldorf (Real Money)
    Seat 6 is the button
    Seat 1: bjpbpedersen ( $183.85 USD )
    Seat 2: Hero ( $101.00 USD )
    Seat 3: gregnic6 ( $37.54 USD )
    Seat 5: NLSNADDDER ( $112.99 USD )
    Seat 6: bluff_my_72s ( $111.90 USD )
    bjpbpedersen posts small blind $0.50 .
    Hero posts big blind $1.00 .

Dealt to Hero: :Td: :Qh:
    gregnic6 folds
    NLSNADDDER folds
    bluff_my_72s raises $3.00
    bjpbpedersen calls $2.50
    Hero raises $12.50
    bluff_my_72s calls $10.50
    bjpbpedersen calls $10.50

FLOP ($40.50)
    :2d: :Qd: :3c:
    bjpbpedersen bets $17.00
    Hero calls $17.00
    bluff_my_72s folds

TURN ($74.50)
    :3h:
    bjpbpedersen bets $52.00
    ???

1st hand @ the table - btn is standart reg type - opens 34% btns and folds to 61% to resteal - 7.4k hands. SB is a fish - 57% calls to steal in SB - I decided to sqz - I'll get more folds from BTN and I expect SB will fold a lot of his junk too - and I can still outplay him in postion etc etc... He donk bets 41% (41 sample) - 36 % flop AF / 41 % turn.

2. ytricky

ytricky
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    Do you have any read on his donking tendencies? Does he donk weak or strong or as a total bluff?. I think based on your stats and donkbets generally being bluffs or very weak hands, like mid pps, i would ship the turn.

3. D_Zoo

D_Zoo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    given the stats u had u had to expect him to donk turn as well (41%) so u make ur decision on flop: either fold then or call him down knowing that when he donks flop he will donk turn

remember general rule for isoing and squeezing: the more they fight for pots either preflop (by shoving and rr'ing in general) or post flop (donking, check raising, floating and rr in pos) the tighter u iso them (or sq). The more the play fit fold the wider we go after them. Just something to keep in mind for future spots, more so re: isos but useful in sq spots liek this one where calling out of BB might be better esp if B is weaker postflop. Meaning we can really use our relative position on flop well giving us more room postflop as opposed to squeezing and running out of money liek here.
    If we had more money could be easy call call fold until u know his river donk/shove frequencies

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
  4. Brobebrato

Brobebrato
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +68 / 4 / -6
    Poker Hands:
    "remember general rule for isoing and squeezing: the more they fight for pots either preflop (by shoving and rr'ing in general) or post flop (donking, check raising, floating and rr in pos) the lighter u iso them (or sq)" You meant tighter or if not, please explain ...

I am aware that I have the best position post flop on BB v sb v BTN opener (not that I'm utilising it as much as I want). Tho I didn't want to play without the iniative postflop with vulnarable hand like QTo - I prefered to try and take it down pf.

What range would you consider good for flatting VS squeezing in similar spots (BTN reg - sb - passive pf , more aggro postflop).

Tnx in advance. Your advices (even if it's the only one in this thread) are always filled with knowledge :)

5. Dusty

Dusty
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    He'd c/r anything really strong a ton of the time so just go btroke in some way. Dunno if c/c c/c c/c or shipping turn is best, but donn't fold.

6. D_Zoo

D_Zoo
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    remember general rule for isoing and squeezing: the more they fight for pots either preflop (by shoving and rr'ing in general) or post flop (donking, check raising, floating and rr in pos) the TIGHTER u iso them (or sq). The more the play fit fold the wider we go after them

yes I meant tighter btw sorry for confusion =(

7. jully

jully
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Poker Hands:
    If you think that he can have weaker hand I def will go with that hand
    it will help the 3b of the fish too (if it's 0 ..it's tought) because he can simply have anything ...and he's not playing anything like that I guess